1) Helps prove probable cause for search
and seizure, often leading to drug money
2) 82% of drunk driving offenders plead
no contest, saving the department time
and money from not attending court.
3) The LAPD alone has paid tens of
millions in lawsuits on unsubstantiated
claims due to a lack of police in car
4) Officer training improves as officers
stops are reviewed and critiqued.
5) 93% of incidents where a complaint is
filed against an officer with a police
car video system, the officer is
6) Violence against officers decreases
as offenders are reluctant to assault
officers or become belligerent while on
7) Officer courtesy improves, leading to
better community relations.
8) Following of departmental procedure
increases on average 48% resulting in
increased policing efficiency.
9) 97% reduction in filed complaints
against officers when the civillian is
informed they are being taped by a
mobile police video system.
10) If an officer is incapacitated or
worse, the video may be the only witness
to the crime. Catching the license plate
and possibly faces.